Saturday, April 23, 2016

An Ordinary Day

                                         Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

The alarm went off at 6 a.m. as planned. I got up groaning and whining, finally losing the battle as I sank back into bed. I made all these plans the night before and right then, I had no desire to fulfill them. Two hours later, my guilty conscience won out and I finally got up. 

What was so important? I wanted to make the last of my Ministry donations before my surgery. Since I was shutting down until at least June, I wanted to make sure there were no outstanding deliveries to be made. My apartment would be free of boxes!

The drive meant a whole 44 minutes each way, but the morning sun shone brightly leading the way.  The trouble was that this place was sort of hidden away on the wayside and one could easily pass it by. And that's what I did at least four or five times. I kept turning around and turning around searching. I almost gave up wanting to head back home. The only thing that kept me looking was that I didn't want to repeat the performance a week later. 

It didn't help that my left leg was acting up riddled with arthritis and aching for the past three days. It felt like I was pulling a cement block with each step. After sitting in the car, driving around, it was definitely throbbing full force. It was time to finally find this place. 

Whenever I'm in trouble like this and can't seem to find my way, I pray . . . . and then I found it. Lugged that box halfway through the parking lot and halfway inside the building. All I wanted was to turn around and head home as soon as possible. The last thing I wanted to do was talk with people and was secretly hoping no one was there. I could leave it by the door and leave. 

My plan was definitely not God's plan, because the place was full of volunteers and I was greeted extremely warmly. You know, it always amazes me how people react whenever a donation is made. People really love receiving homemade things. And I needed to see and hear that, because there are times when I feel the opposite. 

I came home, put on some relaxing clothes and snuggled into bed watching Hercule Poirot. It didn't matter that it was almost noon, I was tired, my leg was hurting and I fell asleep until dinnertime. 

And how was your day? Have a Blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...