Monday, April 4, 2016

Mr. Right?

                                          Everyday is a brand new day,everyday is a journey.

Some time ago, I had lunch with a friend and suddenly we found ourselves discussing marriage. Have you ever thought of getting married?

Over these past 23 years, I've been asked that very question on numerous occasions. I really like my freedom, but it wasn't always the case. When I was younger, I did want to be married, but somehow it just never worked out. Now I find myself settled in my own skin and rather enjoying it. I want to be alone.

My view of marriage is more like a fantasy than reality.  It seems that married people complain about being married and single people complain about being single. In truth, it's always easier to face life's struggles with a partner. Whenever I have a difficulty in life, I ask myself why didn't I marry and they could be taking care of this or that issue.

Anyway, I have become rather selfish in my old ways. The last thing I want to do is take care of someone by being in the kitchen cooking, preparing, doing laundry and housework. Been there, done that. Unless of course, if there was a foot rub involved. 

So you see, I do have an unrealistic view of marriage. I'm  thinking more like Sleepless In Seattle than what is truly out there.  I also seem to attract men that are dependent on me. I'm searching for John Wayne and all I'm getting is Peewee Herman. I have never been great at choosing Mr. Right. It's time to hang it up. 

Have a Blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...