Friday, April 15, 2016

The Appointment

                                                      Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                      everyday is a journey.

  So what's holding up the surgery date? The hernia doctor, which I don't even know what the official name for this type of doctor. What are they called? When the call finally came for an appointment, it was more of a relief to finally get the ball rolling. Since all my doctors are part of the hospital, they are only in the clinic on certain days. This one has afternoon hours. I was a little disappointed, because that meant another day taken off work. It seemed as if I've been taking off quite a lot lately due to all these tests and visits.  

So my hernia doctor, let's call him Mr. B, walked in and my heart did a little skip. What a hunk! Young, dark and handsome. Beautiful eyes. I always had a thing for Italians. Be still my heart.  I guess some things do not change. 

Anyway, he finally agreed to a date. The surgery will be on May 4, 2016. I'm to be the first surgery of the day for both of my doctors. His nurse gave me instructions on the evening before prep, a folder with paperwork to bring with me and a bag of special soap to bathe myself with numerous times that night. I walked out with a whole set of appointments, one starting the very next day. 

Nine years ago, it was so different. I didn't do any of this stuff in preparation. That could be because I was in severe condition so I was admitted almost immediately after my Ct. Scan. A huge difference.

The good news? My hernia is very minor and it seems it will be more of scar tissue removal than anything else. There will be no need to cut me open from top to bottom as in the past. I have a major scar down my front from all my other surgeries. That is a blessing since I don't have a good history with recovery from surgeries. 

Maybe the pain won't be as bad either? Hoping that's true. 
Have a Blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...