Saturday, April 9, 2016

The Call

                                                               Everyday is a brand new
                                                               day, everyday is a journey.


--Emily Dickinson.


You know how we wait for something to happen. We wait and wait, growing anxious and hoping it will come soon. We try to occupy ourselves by involving ourselves in aimless activities, anything to keep the obvious thought at bay. That's how I have been feeling regarding the surgery date. 

I hate waiting. I hate not knowing. I need to be prepared, organized and plan my next move. Yesterday, I was feeling a bit irritated with the slowness of things. When we don't know something we become upset right away, don't we? We become impatient and take it out on others. 

I may not have gotten the call I was looking for, but at least I was able to get things rolling. We were able to set up an appointment  with my hernia doctor and applied for Fmla paperwork. Which, by the way, was actually a very pleasant conversation. Plus, we even did some stocking up on supplies. 

I felt relief to be doing something proactive. Others may lock themselves away during a crisis, but not I. I need activity. I need busyness. I need something to do. 

This weekend, I immersed myself into deep cleaning everything. I did some laundry, cleaned out the refrigerator and the apartment all before 11 a.m. Now I'm sitting before the keyboard hoping for the same energizing effort will spill over into my literary world. 

On Monday, I plan on visiting the nurse representative at work and having "that talk" with both of my bosses. We're moving forward folks, moving forward.

Have a Blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...