Saturday, April 16, 2016

The Anxiety

                                          Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.



It's only natural to worry and be nervous. Who wouldn't be in my shoes? People misconstrue my anxiety to mean a fear of dying. That couldn't be farther from the truth. I've dealt with that issue way back in 2011 and it wasn't pretty. 

So what am I worried about?

When I was pregnant the first time, my mom gave me great words of wisdom. She said, "The first time we're scared, because we have no idea what to expect. The second time we're scared, because we do know."

That's sort of how I feel. We don't ever want to forget where we've been, but we never want to go back there and experience it again. So of course, I'm a little anxious in regards to my recovery and the pain. The one good thing is that it couldn't possibly be any worse than the first time.

Another anxiety of mine concerns the Fmla paperwork. Now, I have no idea how it is for everyone else, but here by my work, these people are horrendous. I believe their main job is to make your life hell so you go back to work as soon as possible. That's exactly what I want too, but not before I am completely healed. I detest dealing with them. 

I finally received my paperwork yesterday (a whole business week later!) and will be taking care of that issue in the coming week. Once it has been faxed over to them and they have acknowledged that it's received, I will relax until after my surgery. You see, we will be playing this game of have you received them or not for a couple of days. It seems we have to fax them a few times before they actually get them. These people are something else.

So you'll probably hear or see me pulling out my hair with frustration in the upcoming week. Pray for me, please.

Have a Blessed day everyone.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...