Monday, April 18, 2016

The Anesthesiologist

                                                   Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                   everyday is a journey.

 So on Tuesday I went to see my hernia doctor which led to my next appointment the following day with the anesthesiologist. I've been waiting for this one since I know it's needed for my surgery, especially the EKG. I was delighted, because the ball was rolling towards my surgery.

My appointment was located in the surgery clinic so I was excited to see what everything looked like and even meet the actual people who might take care of me in pre-op. As I waited and waited, I thought nothing of the tests that would be done on me. I mean, I'm  pretty much healthy on the inside so why wouldn't I pass?

Well, I failed the EKG. I mean, how could I fail the EKG? I thought I was pretty calm. Even my blood pressure was far better than in the past few days. So of course, they couldn't okay me for surgery at this time. They sent me to my Primary Care doctor. Another appointment set for the very next day. 

I wish you could have seen my face when they told me. I was so disappointed, because I can't stand my Primary Care doctor and I haven't been to see her in years. Another problem? I might have to have a stress test. Images of me on the treadmill flashed before me. I hate the treadmill! 

Shoulders drooping and muttering disgustedly under my breath, I walked in total despair to my car. Oh why, oh why, is this happening to me?

Have a Blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...