Thursday, April 7, 2016

Throwback Thursday

 

                                             Everyday is a brand new

                                             day, everyday is a journey. 

Every Thursday we go back to a post from yesteryear and offer an update on where we are today. The following post is from 2013.

  It was not a good year for Emily and myself. We lost many so-called friendships and even though we all have supposedly moved on, the hurt is still very much alive. 

 There are days when we all run into one another and the wounds open up anew. I've thought many times in completely erasing these people from our lives, but instead, I try to bring out the Christian inside of me outside of me and deal with these feelings. I can now see that it's not working. 

 Sometimes we have to sever all ties, because people will go out of their way to be inconsiderate, selfish and uncaring. We as Christians appear as very unwelcoming to the unbeliever (some of us I should say) because some of us are fake Christians. Yes, I said it. 

I think one of the hardest things to do is let go of that hurt. Forgiving is quite easy, but letting go and moving on is another thing. Forgiving includes erasing all thoughts of malice, hatred, and revenge out of our hearts. Do I hate these people? No. Do I have malicious intent for them? No. Am I out for revenge? Absolutely not! They hurt us and it's very hard to go out and trust people after that. I do realize the day will come when that hurt will leave us. 

 

Letting Go 

There is nothing worse than having to let go of something or someone that has played an important part in our lives. Sometimes letting go is a healing process that needs to happen so we can move on to the next chapter in this game of life we are playing. 

Letting go comes in all forms. There may be a person who leaves our life because of a breakup or moving away or by death. Letting go may involve getting rid of an idea or activity that no longer serves its purpose. 

Letting go can hurt, really hurt. 

As the year ends, Emily and I have come to the realization that we need to let go of some of these things that have come to mean so much to us. 

Reflection taking place of what was, what will never be and hopefully of what will come? 

The past becomes old and we long for something new to enter. Something better, something more meaningful. To move forward, one needs to let go, no matter how much it may hurt. 

Have a Blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...