Sunday, April 3, 2016

Highlight Of The Week #12

                                         Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

As the Easter weekend came to a close, so did the hectic schedule of events. It certainly didn't feel as if we were on Holiday, quite the opposite. When Monday rolled around, work was the last thing on my mind. My mind exploded with thoughts of the upcoming surgery and all the things that needed to be done in the meantime. 

As I waited for my Oncologist to call, I tried to keep myself busy with preparations. I've been through all of this nine years ago, so I basically knew what to expect and what I needed. Once I've made up my mind, I couldn't wait to get  things started.  

We did spend a hilarious day on Saturday together filled with laughter and a whole lot of giggling. Everything on that day was wonderful from the moment we got up to the moment we laid our pretty heads to sleep. Some days are just like that. 

I didn't realize how tired I've been all week. Tired of being a leader. Tired of holding it in and tired of comforting everyone else.  It felt good to stay in and lock the world out. Almost like the storm that raged outside flitting from snow to sleet to rain and repeating all over again. So did our emotions. Here we could be anyway we wanted to be. There was no need for the facade that became our masks to the outside world. 

As always, the simple pleasures are the best. They're calming, relaxing and love filled. I couldn't help but wonder what would my children remember about me? Would it be moments like these? Enjoying each others company doing absolutely nothing?

After an emotionally exhausting week, this was exactly what I needed. I hope you too, find peace this weekend.

Have a blessed day everyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...