Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Your Main Goal



                            Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

What is your main goal in life? That sentence threw me for a loop as I read my morning devotion. I have many goals and cannot imagine just one. Yet, in this devotional, they spoke of a goal that is a purpose or a motto that we want to live by not for the year or two, but for the rest of our lives. 

So what is my main goal in life? I ask myself that every single day. I've been a planner all of my life. I knew what I wanted out of life and making decisions came easy. I always somehow felt sure that I was doing the right thing at that given moment. Having cancer changed that forever. I analyze and rethink everything, rarely feeling that my choice is the correct one.

I thought about this all week.  What would best describe my life right now.

  “And Joshua said unto all the people [of Israel], … choose you this day whom ye will serve; … but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord” (Josh. 24:2, 15).

"Oh mom, everybody says that. Be different."

Yes, everyone loves that verse, don't they? When we become Christians, suddenly everything seems different. All the views we once held seem wrong and we begin to see things in a whole new light. No longer do we see the "gray" areas. It is either biblical or not. 

So yes, that verse may be used tons and tons, but it explains our views so eloquently , doesn't it? I am here to serve the Lord. Why would I choose something other than that?

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...