Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Here It Comes Again

--Sidney Lanier.

I'm not exactly sure when I first felt the pain, all I know is that my knee swelled up like a balloon and it hurt! I tossed and turned all night in pure agony, my left leg feeling like a block of concrete. I couldn't understand what brought it on. Every morning, I checked the weather for the week and I did not see any signs of snow or rain on the forecast chart. Yet, here I was, my left knee swollen up like a watermelon and aching.

When I awakened the next morning, I checked the weather as always. Lo and behold, rain on the forecast. No kidding! My knee has always been the best predictor of the weather than any  meteorologist. 

What really surprised me is how quickly it all changed overnight. Suddenly, the weeks forecast changed from overcast/cloudy to rain/sleet and possibly some snow. Isn't that how our lives are? We think we have all the time in the world to go on that dream vacation or write that book. Our favorite saying always begins with the words one day. The problem is that I don't want live  one day but right now. Maybe that's why I have such a hard time planning for the future. 

As for now, I just wish I could get some relieve. This is day four since I had a good night's sleep. Instead, I find myself tossing and turning with charley horses shooting through my leg. Endless bathroom visits, dragging this cement block with me. It's been awhile since I had a re-occurrence such as this one. I have been slacking off with the exercising, so maybe that's why I had one? At least, that's what Emily says and she is my Jillian Michaels!

Have a Blessed day everyone.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...