Friday, March 4, 2016

Highlight Of The Week #8

                                                          Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                          everyday is a journey.


The week began with Leap Year. I didn't understand what Leap Year meant until I met my children's father. He was a Leap Year baby, but his birthday was changed to January 29 so he could celebrate on a yearly basis. I never understood that part. Your birthday is your birthday, no matter what day it falls on. 

This week we also celebrated at work as the new owners (Cerberus) took over and we became New Avon LLC. At least, for now.  What the new name really will be is yet to come. We celebrated with cake and a small bag of Avon products. Already we are experiencing changes, which we should, rolling over our 401k, new insurance cards and such. I just hope I don't lose too much of my hard earned ( 21 years worth) of vacations, retirement plans etc. I'm so close to retiring with full benefits that I could see it in the distance. I wouldn't want that to change. 

It has been a busy week and not just with finalizing of my personal benefits. Spent my week getting an emission test, new plate stickers, making deliveries for my Ministry and a visit to radiology for my Ct scan. I've always had Petscans, but my insurance declines any requests for one. Instead, I now have to go through Ct scans. Drinking that disgusting fluid is something I cannot get used to. My stomach was so upset afterwards, I've spent a difficult day at work. Uggh!

I'm definitely looking forward to the weekend for a more relaxed atmosphere. We tend to run around in hectic zone during the week, but leisure is more the theme on our days off.  So what's on the menu? Preparation. Preparation for the upcoming Ministry meeting, some writing and a little tidying up. Sometimes there is more work in the prep than the actual activity. 

Have a Blessed day everyone.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...