Wednesday, March 9, 2016

The Incentive

                                          Everyday is a brand new, everyday is a journey.


  O Shadow in a sultry land!
    We gather to Thy breast,
  Whose love, enfolding like the night,
    Brings quietude and rest,
  Glimpse of the fairer life to be,
    In foretaste here possessed.
C. M. PACKARD


As I've stated in the past, my work participated in The Virgin Health Miles Program for the last couple of years as part of our healthcare incentive. This type of program measured how many steps I took on a daily basis.  If I reached a certain quota, my healthcare costs were immediately decreased by $300.00 dollars. They also offered other incentives where one could make additional amount to be added to any healthcare costs accrued for the year. 

This year, my company has changed programs and we are doing Rally On. They have the same incentives, offering a decrease as long as we are enrolled in their program and participating. Plus, they have the same extra bonus incentive, but instead of steps, they are more about preventive medicine. 

In other words, I earn money every single time I go to the doctor whether it is Dental, a mammogram or primary care. The whole point objective is to take better care of our bodies by visiting our doctors regularly. Hey, no problem. I go all the time.

One of the first things the site requires (besides making a profile) is to take a health survey where they tell you what your body age is based on your lifestyle. They take into consideration your eating habits, your weight, your BMI, blood pressure etc. I am 51 years old, but my body on the inside is actually 61 yrs. I was not happy with the result.

First of all,  they did applaud my eating healthy habits, plus the red wine being good for my heart. They also offered suggestions in lowering my weight by adding an extra day to my workout. It seems my weight is the thing that held me back. Okay, we can work on that. 

Overall, I'm much happier with this program. It has to do more with preventive medicine and I'm all for that.  

Have a blessed day everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...