Sunday, March 6, 2016

A Sunday's Post

                                          Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

Lives of great men all remind us
We can make our lives sublime,
And, departing, leave behind us
Footprints on the sands of time--
Footprints that perhaps another,
Sailing o'er life's wintry main,
A forlorn and shipwrecked brother,
Seeing, shall take heart again.
--Henry W. Longfellow.

I didn't feel like getting up this morning. All I wanted was to turn over and go back to sleep. I mean, it's Sunday morning and who wouldn't want to stay in their Pj's for the rest of the day? But . . . . . we don't listen to that voice. Instead we get up, get dressed and go to Church. I'm always so glad when I listen to the Holy Spirit inside of me. 

Today's sermon dealt with Forgiveness in Healing and right away my mind drifted back so many years ago. My life has changed so much since then and so has my personality. I'm not even sure when it all happened. The person I was in the past feels so foreign and unreal to me. Yet, I've never felt more complete and purposeful than I do now. I've finally begun to live out my life.

Take this weekend. I'm busy cleaning, doing errands and such, but I'm so relaxed! I could almost declare to be content. Why shouldn't I be? The day is beautiful and sunny, signifying Spring is on his way. The testimony in Church brought tears to my eyes. Coming home, all plans of doing any kind of paperwork went out the window. There is a time and place for everything. Today, we will bask in the Lord's Day. 

You know, I'm okay with that. There is no guilt for not completing my "to do list" for the weekend. I'm learning to relax and enjoy this life more. Life has become so fast-paced and I've become so much slower. It's hilarious whenever I think about it. 

So all my big plans for today were placed on the shelf for now. Instead, I'm attempting to make pesto spaghetti for the first time, probably ruining the entire dish in the process. A movie is waiting on Netflix for us to watch, ready to pull at our heart strings. We'll laugh. We'll cry. We'll go to bed when it's over. 

When my time here is over, what will they remember? Will they remember how hard I've worked? Or the evening we have spent together? Yeah, I think we know the answer to that. 

Have a Blessed day everyone.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...