Saturday, March 5, 2016

The Drab Life

                                        Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

The other day, I wrote about awakening for the coming Spring. The idea of Spring always seems to spur me onward toward a total cleanup. Looking around our tiny apartment, dismay filled me. It's so drab in here! All these browns and beige colors. How boring! The only color being our red couch. How can I brighten up this space?

I must have gone to at least four different stores ever since an idea entered my head. I knew what I wanted, I just couldn't find it. Besides, I didn't want to break the bank, either. 

It was Emily's idea to add a splash of color to the couch by adding these blue print pillows. Please excuse Diamond's behind in the picture.

Oh, how I love this chair!! In my opinion, it's definitely an antique. All it needed was a new cushion to sit on which we purchased at Costco for like 17.99. The throw pillows are the ones that were on the couch. 

In the hallway, we bought two rug runners with the same matching color scheme as possible to the area rugs in the living room. Again, at Costco for $14.99 per runner. They feel so plush underfoot. 

My mom provided the cocktail table runner. In fact, I have numerous that I can interchange throughout the year. 

These were the last two area rugs on sale at Walmart for $34.99. One here in the other hallway and the second one goes  . . . .

In the living room under the cocktail table. Diamond had a hard time adjusting to these circles. She wouldn't splay out on the rug like always for over a week. She kept sitting on one of the circles like a lily pad.

Add some old burgundy curtains to match the couch and that's a wrap!

 Really love the way it all turned out. Have a blessed day everyone.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...