Saturday, March 26, 2016

The Oncologist Visit

                                                      Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                       everyday is a journey.

The waiting room was crowded, barely offering any empty seats for one to take. I had to wait for almost an hour before they finally called my name. To be honest, I was getting a bit aggravated, but thank heavens I had my crocheting to steady my nerves. 

Once again, my Oncologist surprised me. I will spare you all the details, but it comes down to two things. Either, I have surgery to remove the growth or I have a chemo infusion. At this point, I still don't know what to do, but I have been praying for discernment and asking God's will for me to be known. 

To some, this might be a no brainier. Everyone is allowed to have their opinion, but for me, it has to do with quality of life and how this will affect it. 

For the rest of the day, everything went in a blur. God truly knows what He is doing. I was up and out the door at 8:30 am and didn't make it back home until 11:30 that night. It was one of my hectic work nights when I blinked and it was over.  There was no time to be sad, withdrawn or worried about anything. 

I believe God designed that day in that particular fashion for my own  good. He made sure that the enemy had no room to enter. You see, there is no fear, worry or sadness involved here on my part. I have a calmness and a sense of reassurance that when the time comes for me to make that important choice, it will be the right one. 

I've walked away from my visit with my Oncologist  with the realization of how deeply I care for her, admire her and completely trust her, especially in regards to my health. We have truly developed a relationship, one that I hope continues to thrive. 

I hope that every single one of you has a spiritual re-awakening this Easter. A closeness to God that can only bring peace to your hearts. 

Have a Blessed day everyone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...