Sunday, March 20, 2016

Highlight Of The Week #10

                                                      Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                       everyday is a journey.

When I have the time so many things I'll do, 
To make life happier and more fair
 For those whose lives are crowded now with care, 
I'll help to lift them from their low despair 
When I have time.
--Unknown.

This past week was a very challenging one for me, both with extreme highs and lows. So much was happening all at once. 

It began with the disappointing news of my having to work on Good Friday. Normally, it's not a big deal, but this time around I had two invites for that very night and I planned on going to both. One was a Candle Party ( how much fun is that?!) and the other a Good Friday Service at Church. 

Having worked second shift, I barely get to attend any of  the activities my friends invite me to or my Church. It seems like I miss out on so much fun. Last one was a Jewelry Party on a Thursday night and once again, I couldn't make it.

About the middle of the week, I had a horrible and I mean a horrible day! I felt both saddened and disappointed by a conversation I had with someone. We have heard how it only takes one person to totally ruin your day. That's what happened to me. It wasn't until I laid in bed wondering about all of it, did I understand what happened. You see, this was all my fault, not theirs. I am the one who has changed, not them. Back then, I'm almost sure, I thought and behaved the same way as them. How can I be upset with them then?

Of course, the very next day I had another unpleasant task. This time, I decided to turn things around and make this experience as positive as possible. As horrible as the night before was, this time it was heavenly. I was extremely tired afterwards, but content. I still now think about that day. More on that in the upcoming posts.

So here we are, the weekend almost over. My oncologist appointment happens to be this week and I am so glad for it. There is nothing more I detest than waiting for something to happen. In my mind I have accepted the next step in my journey, so let's get to it already. 

Hope your Sabbath is a Blessed one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...