Tuesday, March 22, 2016

The Work Of My Hands


                                         Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

I cannot feel
  That all is well, when darkening clouds conceal
      The shining sun;
      But then, I know
  He lives and loves; and say, since it is so,
      Thy will be done.
S. G. BROWNING.

I just love the above poem by Browning. It is so very true. In the midst of my cancer arose my Crocheting Ministry. I've derived so much pleasure  and comfort from it. In all these years of knowing how to crochet, I've never really made anything for my children.

Last Summer, I've decided to remedy that situation by deciding to make them something they could remember me by for years to come. I had huge plans all laid out in my mind of what, when and how. Both would be ready for Christmas and their eyes would light up with pleasure upon opening their special presents. They would exclaim oohs and aaahs all over Facebook at the expertise of their mom.

Well, that's not what happened. I haven't even finished it yet. Christmas came and went, I decided to have it ready for my son's 5 year Wedding Anniversary (which is in like less than 2 weeks). My daughter knew about these projects since we are roommates and she was quite happy to wait for her present as long as it was done at the same time as her brothers. Sibling rivalry never ends no matter how old they get.

Now before I go on, I need to add that I have this saying for my Crocheting Ministry ladies about unraveling mistakes. Everything can be fixed without having to result to that drastic technique. Usually, they leave their mistakes with me to fix. No problem. I'm pretty good at it. 

Boy, did this project prove me wrong. I must have unraveled Emily's at least twice and Joey's four times. Completely unraveled from start to finish. I am eating my words with this project. 

I don't really understand the why. Is it because this means so much to me? Or is it because I chose a more intricate pattern? Or is it because some things need to be unraveled?

Either way, I'm plodding along with this project, still not truly happy with the results. I came real close to unraveling it again this past weekend, but Emily stopped me. 

"Just finish it, mom."

So I'm finishing it. Have a blessed day everyone.

P.S.
I would like to  apologize to my good friend Maureen for using the name of her Ministry as my title. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...