Monday, February 29, 2016

In Anticipation

                                         Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

I have to be brutally honest here, but I'm looking anxiously forward to this snowfall. We've had such a mild Winter thus far that I kinda of miss the snow. I love the way everything looks after a snowstorm. The trees and bushes covered in frost, a beautiful scene until we step outside and ruin it. 

Of course, all of this happens while I'm on the inside. I definitely don't like driving in a blizzard. There is something so comforting to me to watch a snowstorm, especially through my bedroom window where I'm inspired to write.  

As it turned out, the snowstorm ended up being a little more like rain/sleet barely leaving a mark. That's okay, I had to work and would not be able to admire the beauty of it. 

All of this brought on an AHA moment. I've realized that I require a balance of things in my life. It doesn't matter if it pertains to food, friendships, weather or anything else. I like a variety. I don't believe I could enjoy myself in just one type of weather. I need the Fall, the Spring, the Summer and even the Winter. To me, it signifies seasons of my life. There is a time for everything and Seasons help by placing perspectives according to priorities.

So yes, I do miss the snow. It seems I've hardly spent any time at all by my favorite window. I feel like I've been in a slumber of sorts these past few months. Isn't that what Winter is all about? The slumber? It's time to wake up, Spring is coming.

Have a Blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...