Thursday, March 3, 2016

Throwback Thursday

 

                                               Everyday is a brand new 

                                                day, everyday is a journey.

 

As I re-read the following story from 2013, I find myself reliving the stress of busyness. I truly was very busy, loading up my plate with as much as I could. I felt  like many others, that my time was limited here and I wanted to accomplish  as much as I could during  that time. Busyness will always be here, no matter how many extra hours I may have. It will never be enough. 

 I also believe the main reason why I was so very tired is the shift that I was working on (third). As much as I miss it terribly, one major benefit to being on second is that I no longer feel tired. I sleep normal night hours like everyone else. I get my rest. 

I am learning to prioritize my schedule. What is important and what is not which meant my having to make some unpleasant but necessary changes. I make time to do nothing but crochet or watch a movie. 

 Also, I never made it to first shift!

 

Life's Changes

I've been feeling tired lately, none of it making much sense since I'm taking a sabbatical from my chemo treatment. Shouldn't I be feeling the opposite? Everyone's first instincts would be that I need more rest and I probably do, but I believe it's my schedule.

I think that as we experience different stages in our life, we create a schedule that best accommodates our lifestyle. That schedule may work for us for a few months or even years. For me, the schedule I have been living for the past six years is not working any longer. 

I have been working second and third shift for 18 years now and it has been a perfect setting for any  personal activities that I've been involved in during that time. Now I find myself scrambling from one activity to the next, barely finding the time to do it all. Time is very precious to me and I just don't have enough of it. 

 An opportunity has risen for me to go to first shift and I cannot wait for this change to happen. I may be losing the 10 % differential, but I will be gaining so much more in precious time and in precious sleep. 

Over the last couple of years, I have made many schedules and wrote about them here on this blog. They may have worked like a charm in the beginning, but as time went on, they were difficult to maintain. The results usually showed days of missing blogs, a messy apartment, missing appointments and playing catch up. 

Sometimes, we need to make necessary life changes so we can serve the people in our life better. I am no good to anyone if I'm too tired to be the best I can be and that means I may have to say no at times. 

The problem here may be in the form of having to wait for these changes to be implemented. Since I am the Area Lead at work, I may be the last person to actually go to my appointed shift. That would mean waiting until next May and that would not be cool at all. 

Until then  my friends, I am tired and it's beginning to show. Have a Blessed day everyone. 

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...