Monday, March 14, 2016

A Tiring Day



                                                       Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                       everyday is a journey.




Now, Lord, what wait I for?
    On Thee alone
  My hope is all rested,--
    Lord, seal me Thine own!
  Only Thine own to be,
  Only to live to Thee.
        Thine, with each day begun,
        Thine, with each set of sun,
        Thine, till my work is done.
ANNA WARNER.

All morning long, I've been opening and shutting my bedroom window as one minute I'm hot and the next cold. All this indecision setting the tone for a frustrating morning. Can't make up my mind on what to have for breakfast or what I should tackle first on my "to do" list. Instead, my mood shifting from good to bad. It's just been that kind of day.

I'm just tired. I know myself so well and I need some time alone. All weekend long, I ran from one activity to the next without a moment left for just me. I need some time to de-stress from all the  events of the day.

Friday I ran from the Petscan to errands before going to work. Saturday was spent with my Ministry ladies. Sunday was Church, then a luncheon date, grocery shopping and home. It was over before I blinked. Not to mention losing that one hour really made a difference to me.  

Now I have to get ready for the work week to begin and all I'm thinking about is how much I would love to lie down for a nap. It will be a long week, people.  It  doesn't help that it's a rainy and cloudy day. Rain has always made me sleepy wanting to curl up on the couch with a steaming cup of coffee and a hot bowl of soup, watching old movies all day long. Who's with me?

The urge to call in sick overwhelmingly tempts my tired body, but I can't. I will need all my days for the upcoming chemo treatments. I cannot afford  to waste any of my vacation time. I know, I know. I don't officially know what my oncologist wants to do, but I have a good idea. 

For all of my complaining, I did enjoy myself this weekend with my friends, my Ministry and my Church. Maybe it was worth a little lack of sleep?

Have a Blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...