Saturday, March 19, 2016

The Funeral


                                         Everyday is brand new day, everyday is a journey.

Once we are diagnosed with a health illness, it seems that sooner or later the subject of death and funerals will come up. In the nine years of my cancer career, the subject came up two or three times. I've written about death a few times and each time there was a different perspective gained from it. 

This time around I cannot help, but wonder what would my funeral look like? Would my family show up? Would they or could they sit side by side in the pews? Would they get along?

I know one thing. I definitely wouldn't want anyone to say that I've lost the battle with cancer. You see, if I died I actually conquered the cancer. I will be in Heaven and I cannot think of anything more lovely than that. All the promises that God has ever made to me will be fulfilled. So how could I possibly lose?

One of my favorite scripture came from Apostle Paul in his farewell letter to Timothy.
 
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

That's absolutely beautiful! I hope that I get to live a long life. I hope to see my daughter married. Both of my children's offspring running around, seeing myself in their faces. I would love to be here for all of that, but it's okay if I'm not. It's a win win, folks.

I do know the last thing I want. I don't want a depressing funeral, everyone dressed in black. I know that friends and family will miss me, but I'll be running to my Lord!

Have a Blessed day everyone.  



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...