Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Radical Growth


                                         Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

You can start right where you are at this very moment and go  anywhere God takes you. Each day is the beginning of a brand new day when you put your path into God's hands.
Unknown 

A guide to growing a radical life. At least, that's what it said under the Heading. I have to admit that I'm really enjoying this Bible Study more than her first one. Maybe, because I can relate to it more. It deals with the different Seasons in our lives and how we take care of the soil depends on the harvest. 

Well, it seems I'm entering a new season in my life. It's a season that I never expected to go through at this stage. Truth be told, I always felt this would be the last option I would choose, but here I am. 

I've been thinking about this radical life of mine. It's been almost nine years since my ordinary life turned upside down with the diagnosis of ovarian cancer. It has been one heck of a journey with many deep explorations into self analysis of the heart. I am no longer the same person I was back then nor do I want to be. 

In fact, a deep sense of independence and freedom has enveloped me. I don't want to be tied down, or told what to think or feel. I want to be me. I could feel myself bristle almost immediately if I feel my freedom is at stake. I think it has to do with the word victim. I don't want to look, act or be a victim in any way. And I definitely don't want to be babied. 

One thing this journey has not been is boring. I've experienced every kind of season possible and there is plenty more to discover. I am the type of person who needs a bit of solitude to gather my thoughts and process what needs to be done in my mind. Once that is done, I get back on my feet pretty quick and get going. 

So I guess you have pretty much figured out by now that I know which option I will be taking in regards to this cancer. I want to thank all of you who have prayed for wisdom and discernment for me. I greatly appreciate all the positive feedback. Until next time, peeps!

Have a Blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...