Friday, August 21, 2015

The Receding Tide

Have you ever watched a tide come in  and enclose everything in it's sight? It covers so well that it's difficult to believe it wasn't there in the first place. It's the same when it leaves. Something always manages to stay behind from that tide. Sometimes it leaves behind a good thing and other times, just debris.

The people in my life are the same like that tide. There could be days when my phone never stops ringing and I am in constant demand. Everyone wants to talk with me, spend time with me and confide in me. They can't seem to get enough of me.

When that tide recedes, so do they. Suddenly, people are cancelling and the phone is quiet. A new Season enters and everyone's schedules are changed. Children go back to school. The garden needs to be harvested. School activities dominate the calendar. A new chapter begins.

I can almost predict the recession of the tide. We're in one now. The Ministry is quiet and so is this blog. My once overflowing social calendar has more red slashes than actual events. The stillness is here.

A time like this is a great opportunity to get caught up with all the leftovers that were pushed aside during the busy time. It's also a good time for preparation for the Fall, one of my busiest season of the four.

I look forward to sitting and being still. A time where everything lies dormant for the cold winter months. If I had to choose a season where I could take time off from work, it would be winter.  It must have something to do with my being a January baby. I just want to hibernate, watching the snowfall from my cozy apartment. Let me sit beside my window crocheting my little heart out. One day, that's what I will do.

Have a Blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...