Monday, August 24, 2015

A Great Start

Have you ever had such a fantastic weekend where the start of the new week was actually inviting? No, that couldn't possibly be true!

I believe that this past weekend was the most relaxing we have ever had. Don't get me wrong, we did not lay around doing nothing. In fact, we were cleaning and doing laundry, but somehow we had fun with it. It didn't seem like a chore at all.

We had a block party that kind of put us in a great mood. Music was blasting, the sun was shining and a beautiful breeze in the air. Who knew songs like "Ring My Bell" and "Staying Alive" could evoke such a energetic response from me especially. I wanted to dance and I did . . . . all day.

I also exercised. Yes, hold on to your seats folks. I really did. I also wrote quite a bit which surprised me since I have had  writer's block.

Sunday, church was great and afterwards, my nephew's birthday party at the park. Another beautiful breezy day. I couldn't have asked for a better weekend.

This morning, while having my massage, I thought to myself how great it is that God has provided a day of rest for us. A rest that we obviously need, but not many of us take advantage of it. We try to cram as much as we can into our days, where we end up stressing ourselves instead.

I feel so good. I'm ready to tackle this week. Have a Blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...