Monday, August 17, 2015

Simplification

Monday! It comes so quickly, almost as if the weekend never happened.

Laying here, getting my monthly massage, I couldn't help but have my mind wander. This past year, I have tried numerous ways to simplify my life in mind, body and spirit. A peaceful and healthy lifestyle the preferred outcome. Some things have worked and some have not.

One of the best things I have tried were my massages every month. My legs feel great after each visit. I wish I could go every week, but that is not possible right now. You don't notice right away the benefits until at least three visits have gone by.

I also have continued with my flax seed intake. Every morning, I pour a teaspoon into my coffee hoping they do their job and help with the inflammation. As you can see, a lot goes into easing my discomfort of these legs.

Organization has played a huge role this year. Regularly, in three month intervals, we do a heavy duty cleaning /organizing effort in our apartment. We are about due for one.

Exercising comes and goes. Small spurts happen where I do sit ups everyday for a month and then change it up to stretching or something else. I've yet to decide on one specific thing and stick with it, but then, I hate exercising.

Scheduling has turned out quite well. Any appointments are written down on the family calendar. I think what has changed in regards to that is our attitude. We do what we can and not beat ourselves up over it. That makes all the difference.

One thing I happen to enjoy over the weekend or on days off is a glass of wine. It really does take the stress off and relaxes my busy mind.

I know it's a pretty small list of things when one compares it to everything I've tried this year, but I am always on the look out for ways to improve my lifestyle. They may not always work for me, but I won't know unless I give it a try.

Have a blessed day everyone.-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...