Wednesday, August 5, 2015

An Assembly Line

It's funny how our moods can change instantly by someone, or a saying or something we see. From the moment I got up this morning, my mind has gone in reverse. I've been thinking of my past life. All these memories came flooding back, but I could feel  them without any emotion.

What brought this on?

In a span of a couple of days, two people gave a reference on who I am in their eyes. How they see me. It couldn't have been farther apart. One thought I was a "relatively good person", while the other most definitely has said the opposite claiming "I have an attitude". Each of them would have argued that they were right.

So who am I?

When I look back at my life, I think of an assembly line where all the parts are laid out. As the line moves, each piece is placed in the right spot and what comes out at the end is the finished product. Sometimes that finished piece is immaculate, shiny and brand new. Other times, that piece may not look so good, but it's still functional. It maybe scratched, dented and missing something.

Which one am I?

I've never considered myself to be that immaculate piece of perfection. I have made many mistakes in my life. I've chosen the wrong path more than I care to admit. Some of these mistakes have cost me dearly. So I'm that dented, scratched up piece trying to function alongside all that perfection.

I believe that both of them were correct, based on my experience with each of them. I don't think that we lose a piece of who we were in the past as we move forward. Something stays behind, almost like a reminder to our soul  to stay on track. I'm happy where I am at right now, but there are times that I revert to the old me.

That's okay, because there are times when we need a little bit of attitude. Have a Blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...