Saturday, August 29, 2015

O My Weary Soul

Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. 
My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. 
Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge. 
One thing God has spoken, two things have I heard: that you, O God, are strong, 
and that you, O Lord, are loving. Surely you will reward each person according to what he has done. 
(Psalm 62:5-8,11,12)

I couldn't help but think of this psalm this morning as I got up not ready to face the day. All I wanted was to stay in and rest my weary soul with my feet up and a crocheting hook in hand.

It has been raining on and off all day long, a perfect weather for a lay in doing my favorite  things. Alas, my day was quite the opposite overflowing with errands and a meet up with some new friends.

As always, I dragged my feet out the door as the rain pittered and pattered against the windshield in a steady flow. Going from one stop to another, leaving my most challenging  stop of all for last before my date with the girls.

About once a month, I drop/pick up yarn supplies for one of my crocheting ladies, an elderly woman in her seventies. You can tell she looks forward to my visits since she can no longer come to our monthly gatherings. There is always a plate of food involved whether as a snack for the road or lunch to take with me for work.

So what's the challenging part? Well, she is lonely and letting me go is hard for her. Even though she has three sons and grandchildren, they just don't visit. I always walk away feeling as if I'm letting her down somehow like I should have stayed longer.

My date with the girls went well as we saw the movie War Room. As tired as I was in the morning, I was very contented with how my day turned out. I wasn't surprised. No matter how much I may drag my feet somewhere, I always enjoy myself.

Fellowshipping is very difficult for me, but I'm constantly pushing myself to get out there and mingle. Somehow, I seem to be enjoying myself immensely.

Have a Blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...