Saturday, August 22, 2015

The Road Not Taken

When I was in High School, I discovered a love of poetry and literature that has continued throughout my life. It was from that time where the writing and reading came in, all because of one Freshman teacher.
 
All week long, I have been thinking about Robert Frost's The Road Not Taken. It seems that many of my friends are experiencing difficult times where even more difficult and painful decisions have to be made.
 
I thought of this poem and how significant it really is when pertaining to our lives.
 
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

How many of us have come to such a road and wondered what to do next? How many of us have made a wrong turn? I know I have numerous times. I also know that for every decision there is a cause and effect that can result in bad consequences.

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

All week I thought about this poem. I thought about all the people who haven't found Christ yet. The ones that are afraid to let go of that old familiar road even if it does lead to pain. So many hurt people out there that are so afraid to make that first step onto a better path.

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I thought about the roads I have traveled on, so many led to dead ends with what seemed like no way out. I'm so glad that I came upon that grassy and unworn path that looked so scary at first. With each step taken, a new life emerged.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

So many people are looking for something or someone to ease their pain. If only they knew how easy it was to be healed of their past and begin a new life. If you haven't done so, ask Jesus into your heart and He will guide you onto the right path.

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...