Saturday, August 1, 2015

A Writing Fest-Pt.2

So this morning, I woke up quite late, (around 9 a.m.) which is a little late for me. Emily and I stayed up  chatting and watching a show together the night before, quite forgetting the time.

Since this is a weekend, the morning is a typical morning filled with grocery shopping, doing laundry and house cleaning. Nothing different from every household in the world. In a blink of an eye,  the morning has turned into the afternoon.

Another weekend, another hopeful day of writing cast aside for a moment while life intervenes. Yet, I am very happy today being surrounded by the daily pitter patter of the mundane. Diamond's constant meowing and the goings and comings of Emily's routine, are a reminder of that peace I so long for in my life.

This is my life . . . they are my life. The writing? Well, that uninterrupted day of a writing fest will just have to wait until later, until tomorrow or maybe next month.

I am so humbled and grateful to God for days such as this one. The daily struggles we are faced with can be so laden with strife, guilt and anger. At times, we need to appreciate the quiet and solace of the mundane.

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus blood and righteousness
I dare not trust the sweetest frame
But wholly trust in Jesus name

Christ Alone
Cornerstone
Weak made strong
In the Savior's love
Through the storm
He is Lord
Lord of All

Sometimes, we just need to be reminded what really is important.

Have a Blessed day everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...