Monday, July 27, 2015

Monday's Yoga

As you can remember, I have been doing my exercise tapes from Netflix. It will be a very long time before I'm done, but anyone who knows me knows how much I dislike working out. So when the yoga tape came in, I groaned out loud. The idea of getting down on the floor, kneeling and such, was too much for me with my leg pain.

I went one time with my niece Kathy, who is an avid yoga master, to a free class that was offered at a place where she goes to regularly. In fact, her daughter and husband came along as well. None of us have returned since then.

Don't get me wrong. Yoga is a great stretching exercise, but for me it is painful. I'm sure if I kept at it, I would become very loose and maybe the pain would go away. In the meantime, all these positions where one has to have agility to quickly drop to the floor, kneel and perform these stretches are too much for me.

Yet, I did the entire DVD, groaning and grunting loudly with each movement. As one stretches, you can feel that muscle being pulled to the max from one point to the next. Very powerful and quite honestly, when all was said and done, felt good.

So I've come to the conclusion that it's all me. I'm too lazy to work out. I'd rather diet than work out. Yet, we know we need to do both. Of all the different types of exercise programs (and I've done many)this yoga thing is probably the best fit for me. So all I need to do is get myself into it mentally.

Whenever we don't like something, our mind immediately shuts down and we want nothing to do with it. Instead, we make excuses as to why we cannot accomplish this impossible feat. I feel like that with exercise. To me it's just drudgery! I have no motivation to get going and actually continue with it daily.

Deep down inside, I know I could greatly benefit from a daily routine of stretching. Now if I could get some motivation going. . . .

Have a Blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...