Tuesday, July 28, 2015

A Tiny House

If I should be so blessed to live a long life or see both my children settled, I have been thinking about living in a tiny house. Having mentioned this to Emily, she just laughs and laughs her little heart out.

Where are you going to put all that yarn at? The books and all these supplies? You know you're a hoarder.

Yes, I'll admit I'm a hoarder now, but my desire to continue with my Ministry and Writing is stronger than my hoarding. I want to live a simple life. I have no desire to keep acquiring space that I have no use for.

I have been checking out different styles that could be more accommodating to my needs. I admit, I would have to get rid of many of my belongings and only live off the basics. I know I could survive on 4 plates, 4 spoons, a frying pan, a crockpot etc.

I could plant this little sucker in a camp site where the scenery would be delightful every day of the year, except for summer when many campers converged. The upkeep would be the best for someone like me. My utilities would be quite small, there might be a problem with internet connection, but workable. Water and bathroom connections would also be available at the camp site.

I think I could make it work.

I do worry about storage since I really like buying in bulk like toilet paper, trash bags, and detergent. I also worry about the stairs leading to the loft. They really would need to have a good handrail.
Otherwise, the thought of spending my time doing the things I love instead of cleaning and maintaining an apartment.

Another problem would be laundry. I would have to make frequent surprise visits to Joe and Emily's houses bringing laundry like a college student.

Just think how much the grandkids would love it. I would be the greatest grandma in the world! Family and friends can visit, but can't spend the night. How wonderful. Yes, definitely  and seriously thinking about a Tiny house.

Have a Blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...