Tuesday, July 21, 2015

In The Heat Of The Night

It's been very humid lately and I can't enjoy my beautiful scenery outside my window. There isn't even a wisp of a breeze to move those curtains. Even if I did look outside, it would look like a ghost town. Everything is at a standstill.

That's how I feel my life has been lately. It's become a stagnant existence with no movement whatsoever in either direction. My heart longs to make a turn somewhere and yet, it is not to be for now.

There is nothing worse than being stuck in a rut waiting for that next move. To me, this is the most difficult for I have a huge problem with being idle and immobile. I like to see results for any action, but what happens when it takes awhile?

What happens when the waiting on God is just too much to bear?

These past two years have been very difficult. We've just been accepting things as they are, hoping and waiting for the tide to shift in another direction. Waiting can turn into drudgery in a heartbeat. How can I avoid that?

I have definitely changed the way I pray. For one thing, I do not pray for things for me personally. I pray for God to show me the way He wants me to go. Let His will prevail by pointing me in the direction for that to happen.

In the meantime, I'm trying desperately to keep myself busy with small projects whether that means writing, crocheting or just cleaning out the closet.

How do you keep yourself busy during a time such as the one mentioned? Are you in the same position as I? Do you long for the same? Are you waiting for a shift in the breeze?

Have a Blessed day everyone.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...