Monday, July 6, 2015

Looking Back On A Monday

Usually every Thursday I like to re-post a blog piece from the past and provide an update on where I am today. It also gives an opportunity for those readers who are new to sort of become acquainted with my past. My mind has been drifting backwards lately and in honor of that past and my freedom, I'll re-post every single day.

The following, I believe, is my very first update since the birth of this blog. It seems that I always start my treatments strong, but by the time we're halfway in I become weakened. I have come to expect at least one visit where I'm denied treatment due to my blood count being low or blood pressure incredibly high. Taking naps also became a regularity in the chemo routine.

One thing I never have gotten accustomed to was going bald. I still shudder at the thought going without hair. Even when I had chemo that only thinned my hair, I still ended up looking semi-bald. I don't care what anyone says, our hair completes our look.


UPDATE
     I've been out of commission for a couple of days very sick . It started one night with vomiting and the shivers . I was so cold . I'm very familiar with these symptoms since I had this a lot the last time (5 to be exact ) . It's an infection . I was on the brink of one and the only thing missing was a temperature .
     I'm not sure if I caught something from someone or if it was part of my treatment side effect .I'm still not 100 % recovered. Right now I'm existing on bread, cabbage soup, crackers, rice and tea . These foods seem to calm my stomach.
     I do know I had to take a step back and analyze my situation . With my 4th round of chemo approaching next week , my worries fastened on maybe not being able to pass my white blood cell count and having to postpone the treatment .I definitely have to limit my exposure to people even more . The farther we get into the treatment the more difficult it is . Your body becomes weaker and weaker .
   I haven't been writing these couple of days . All I really want is to sleep . Found myself  last night , I'm ashamed to say , very agitated and irritable with my state of things . Very tired of these scarves and being bald . Another rash appeared on my head and I finally realized where it was coming from . It's from certainly one type of my scarves . I have alot of silky ones and they seem to be the culprit .
   Another irritation lied with everyone 's happy mood when I'm so nauseated all the time . The bad or good part of it is that I supposedly look so good all the time . No one would suspect that I'm sick . Well , that's the update . Be back soon .

Have a Blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...