Friday, July 3, 2015

Who Are You

We are constantly trying to find ourselves, who we are  and who we want to become. We attach labels to people identifying them by their hobbies, their shortcomings, their appearance and even their professions.

We also see ourselves differently than how others see us. Why is that? Is it because we cannot face the real person inside of us? Why is it so difficult to acknowledge the real person we see in the mirror? Analyzing our faults should be the first step in any problem and the role we played in it. We need to ask ourselves, How did I contribute to this situation?

That's my problem, I over analyze my involvement in situations. If a friend leaves, I immediately believe it is something I might have said or done. Of course, it isn't always the case. People leave for many reasons, some unknown to us. Yet, I blame myself.

We live in a society who has no idea who they are and constantly it is being redefined. It's so easy to get lost and have no idea how to find ourselves let  alone our hidden talents.

My role has changed so much, but yet not completely. The different characteristics have been added on to the identity I already have without the self within me being erased forever. I just keep expanding in more ways than ever possible. In that process, my confidence level surges forward. I only wish I had that when I was younger. Why did it take so long for me to grow?

I believe it all has to do with my ability to focus on myself, because I have time now. When we are young, we are busy raising children, being housewives and providing for our loved ones. We become everything to everyone else and all our desires get pushed aside way into a corner. I've aged, children have grown and suddenly time becomes available.

Do you know who you are? Or better still, do you know who you are becoming?

Discovering what type of hat we are to wear is difficult and a long process. Nothing is built in one day. The things we know now took a lifetime to learn and it is the same with our purpose in life. I hope I never stop discovering myself. There is a whole world out there and I definitely want to find my place in it.

Have a Blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...