Friday, July 24, 2015

Steadfast Faith

While Churchill was disappointed, he remained steadfast. England would not surrender. As Churchill had already stated:
We shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air. We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.

That's my mentality. As much as it may sound wonderful to have this quality, it can also be a downfall. Sometimes, things can't be won and we need to know when to quit. I never know when it's time to let go and move on. I keep on fighting even when the lights go out.

Would anyone call that steadfast faith? I'm not so sure. Sometimes, I feel it should be called stupidity. People all around me are giving up their jobs, their homes and moving on to another state to live out a dream.

Me? I am a chicken. I wonder and worry about a job, a place to live, a vehicle to drive in and even insurance to take care of my cancer re-occurrences. I think about how close I am to walking away with full benefits in a few years. All those years I've worked for and put up with so much, I want all of the reward for doing so.

Even now as I write, I can feel myself voicing the battlefield song  of keep going, do not let your arms to fall. Fight and keep on fighting.

What is wrong with me? Let it go, pack up your bags and move on.

Yet, I cannot do that. I am not wired like that. For as long as I can remember, I have heard my parents tell me how I need to do the right thing, be a leader, be responsible and think others needs before mine. That's what has fueled my perseverance to keep plowing ahead no matter how rough the terrain. Remember the movie 300? One of my favorites and Winston Churchill.

With that folks, I'm getting dressed and heading out to Soddom and Gomorrah, full speed ahead. To think I was feeling so defeated only a few minutes ago and suddenly this posting lifted my spirit. My hope is that all of you can renew the strength that lies inside to keep moving even when we are down.

Have a Blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...