Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Looking Back On Wednesday

Re-reading this entry, my thoughts immediately shift to how poorly it was written. I'm ashamed and I need to apologize. Hopefully, I am writing  better, especially in form and grammar.

Second thought, Emily and I have learned quite a lot about cancer, our bodies and health since then. Take food, for instance. This morning I went to Costco to pick up a few things. Looking down into my cart, it was filled with fresh fruit, cheese, veggies and a salmon. There was nothing processed, canned or frozen in it.

In fact, I find I need to be careful when we go out to eat, because our bodies are no longer used to butter, fried or greasy type foods. We do end up being sick.

Also, our relationship has changed. We are more roommates than we are mother/daughter. I love this stage and it is the same with Aubrey. These are grown, beautiful women and I love this equal relationship that we share as fellow women.

Our family tree can only get better and I cannot wait to see the full benefit of it's fruition, both here on Earth and in Heaven.

My Family Tree
      Since I had ovarian cancer at the age of 42 , my doctor felt it might be genetic and sent me to a doctor that specializes in that field . Sitting down with this young woman , we went over my family tree as far as I could remember . The women in  my family live well into their 90's .. . . . . .except me . I won't live that long .
     There was only one incident  of a  death from a " WOMEN'S PROBLEM "  and that was my grandmother's sister  who died at the age of 48 . No one else . As I listened to her explaining hereditary and genetics being different , I couldn't stop looking at that family tree . From my great Aunt Emily to me ,  there is such a huge gap . How did I get so lucky ? How did she get it ?
     Now , they tested me for the BRAC 1 and 2 gene . Since I have ovarian  , I'm also susceptible to breast cancer . My risk has increased greatly more than the average woman . My cancer , or more directly , my results will greatly impact my family tree .
   The only good thing out of this is that the next generation in my family tree will know the risks they carry and prepare themselves and their bodies . Knowledge is power . My daughter can , hopefully , use preventive medicine so she can avoid this from happening to her . Her actions  can change the family tree .

Have a Blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...