Tuesday, July 1, 2014

No More Leftovers

The sun was hot and the air thick with humidity . Being stood up is no
 fun , no matter how old you are . My girlfriend , way too busy with her errands , has forgotten all about me . My frustration grew with each swipe of my sweaty forehead as I waited on her  . 

To think my day began in such a great mode of relaxation and a sense of accomplishment . Why did I leave the sanctity of my bedroom ? 

I got up very early that morning and laid out all my work on the 
   bedspread . I set to work on my crosses , lost in deep thought . Quickly the morning passed and when I looked up next , it was time for me to meet my friend for coffee .  

So here I am  and we know how that ended . What upsets me is not that she was too busy , but that knowing we had a set date two weeks ago and she still made a list of errands to attend to . 

This is not the first time it has happened to me lately , where people just forget about me . I was told by my co-worker that I have the nature of turning the other cheek , where as others would have made a fuss . People have seemed to believe they can take advantage of my good nature , because I am too understanding or at least , I try to be . 

Remember the table ? It seems my description has been quite accurate . Well , I'm getting tired of it . I'm tired of getting the leftovers while others are enjoying a five - star meal . I'm sure they wouldn't appreciate if I treated them in the same matter . 

My co-worker is right , I do turn the cheek , maybe a little too many times . I wasted the entire afternoon and evening when I could have been more useful elsewhere . My time is so precious to me and instead , I sat in a hot car listening to excuses and promises of almost there . 

When I finally gave up , I ended up in a terrible storm . What a horrible day that turned out to be . 

Have a Blessed day everyone . 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...