Wednesday, July 2, 2014

That Daily Cup

Sometimes , my day becomes so hectic that I forget about my daily     rituals .We all need those daily cups of whatever it may be that keep us going . 

For me , I have quite a few of them . Each and every one serves  and provides a sense of security and I am  a person who thrives on     continuity . 

My first daily cup is coffee . Who doesn't need caffeine , especially in the morning . I can last no more than 24 hours without a cup . Other than   that , headaches and fatigue set in . In the past , coffee was my beverage and I partook in it  all day long . I have narrowed down my intake to mornings only . A huge improvement . 

My second daily cup is crocheting . This craft has become my lifeline . I cannot imagine life without it . Recently , I ran into an elderly lady at the hair salon who used to knit , but no longer due to her arthritis . I felt horrible for her that she couldn't do something she obviously enjoyed so much . There was longing in her eyes as she sat  and watched me crochet . 

My third daily cup is writing . What began as a diary for my children , developed into a secret love of writing . I want to become better and better with each year . I am not a professional writer , so I have tons to learn  . A deep desire lives inside of me to write a book that never has to be published or shown to anyone other than me . I just want to know that I am capable of producing top notch literature . 

My last daily cup is my time with God . This is the most important one in my life . This one I definitely  can't do without . We have a conversation throughout the day . I can't even drive a car without praying . 

When I am pressed for time and don't have the opportunity for any of my daily cups , I am out of sorts for the remainder of the day . They keep me going even when I don't have any desire to do so . 

What are your daily cups ? How are you without them ? We all have    them , even if we don't care to admit them . Take the time to explore yours . 

Have a Blessed day everyone 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...