Saturday, July 19, 2014

Day Eleven

Dear Diary , 

I woke up this morning feeling blue , knowing I had to get back to work . All morning I walked around like a zombie not wanting to do anything , my mood quickly turning sour .

I felt like I didn't do any of the things I wanted or planned . There was no time set aside  just for me . Even though no one knew of my vacation , they still somehow managed to call upon me  . How could that be ? How did they know I would answer ?

It's all my fault . When someone reaches out to me , I can't say no and walk away . I'm a good listener and people confide in me things that normally they never  would tell anyone else . I find that people are not looking for someone to tell them what to do , rather they're looking for someone to just listen .

Sighing  deeply , I set out to work . Everyone wanted to know what I did , where I went or with whom . I re-told the events of the week and a half in a monotone voice  . I received the same response from all . 

Looks like you made some good memories . 

" Yes , I did ." I replied in a surprised voice  . I really did . Suddenly , I realized this  time off wasn't about me , it was about everyone else . I was needed , I was needed . They needed my time .

The solitude I have been looking for will come eventually . There's a time for everything , right ?

Have a Blessed day everyone . 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...