Monday, July 21, 2014

It's Monday

Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses. In the sight of God, who gives life to everything, and of Christ Jesus, who while testifying before Pontius Pilate made the good confession, I charge you to keep this command without spot or blame until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ, which God will bring about in his own time--God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords, who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever. Amen. 
(1 Timothy 6:12-16)

It's Monday , a brand new week , a new beginning . Yesterday is a mere memory , tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift . How do you plan on changing the world today ?

One step at a time . One person at a time . One day at a time . 

The change begins within us . How we view the world , the people in it and the role we play . 

Not too long ago , Emily and I were at an intersection waiting for the red light to change . A homeless man carried a sign  begging for 
money . He approached our car , on the drivers side . His face was dirty as he asked me if I could help him . I nodded no .

I cannot tell you how terrible I felt and still do . His image has stayed with me all this time . I felt as if I turned down Jesus himself . 

" You can give him some money on our way back , mom " . 

Coming back , a few streets before that same intersection , I reached inside my handbag for those singles . As the light changed to red , my eyes scanned looking for him . He was a few cars ahead of me , but didn't see me .

 Someone in that vehicle gave him a round loaf of bread . He took that loaf and carefully wrapped it and placed it inside his bag . 

That man was hungry . The way he handled that loaf as if it was a real treasure , priceless to him . I failed him , I failed myself and I failed Jesus . What had happened to all my Christian beliefs ?  An opportunity was practically handed to me and I blew it . 

I believe situations such as these present themselves to us daily and we walk past them , not seeing them  . Do we not care enough ? Is there no compassion left within our hearts ? Why are we so afraid ?

Every Monday , we start off our work weeks with a new slate . All the dirt , the hardships of the past are left behind . We begin our day with  HOPE that it will be different . Let's begin the change within us first , so we can change the world , one small step at a time . 

Do you have a story such as mine ? A story of when we could have helped , but didn't . Maybe , you have a story of the exact opposite . 

Every Monday , I will be posting stories of people reaching out to others . If you would like to share your good deed or lack of , you can contact me via e-mail : lottiekrol@yahoo.com 

Have a Blessed day everyone . 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...