Friday, July 4, 2014

Cancer Wellness Poem

My mind has been in overdrive  lately , going back in time , the present and the future . It sort of all began in the doctor's office all these years ago . On the wall he had a plaque with the following poem . I say this , because in my mind , my change inside of me began when my cancer invaded my being . I hope you have enjoyed your 4th of July , my
 friends . 


CANCER WELLNESS DOCTRINE

June 27, 2011 at 8:54am
 my health is my responsibility
but I did not cause my disease
I will always have hope
what I hope for
may change over time
my doctor and I are partners
we both have things to learn
death is not failure
personal dignity and
quality of life
are my measures of success
cancer provides me with an opportunity
I don't have to feel grateful for it
I am willing to change
the way I feel with stress
the past is only important
if I make it so
cancer is a family illness
we all need attention and support
I have the power to make a difference
in my care
I need to look inside
for the proper direction

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...