Monday, July 7, 2014

Day One

Dear Diary ,

My first day off from work and I haven't really done anything . I knew it would be like this , my lounging around , not wanting to be bothered with anything . At least for today .

I haven't told anyone I was on vacation . I wanted to be alone , living the hermit life . No responsibilities or interruptions of any kind . I wanted this time to be about freedom to enjoy doing whatever I wanted to do , to live out that secret desire of living faraway from everyone .

I've spent the day picking up things around the apartment . A little cleaning and laundry . Made supper of mixed salad greens , tomatoes , onion , bell peppers and tuna on top . A real gourmet dinner , eh ? Emily sure likes it when I'm home so she doesn't have to cook and eat alone .

I'm really proud of myself for exercising on the elliptical . No one knows I've started doing so twice a week or more . Now that I'm on vacation , I'll be working out everyday . One of my co-workers asked if I lost any  weight ? I haven't heard that question in years !

Emily seems to like having me home . She always makes disparaging remarks " about that second shift " like it's a death sentence . Funny , somehow both my kids have always enjoyed hanging around with me . You think they would be sick of me ? Talk about cutting those apron strings .

I really enjoyed my first day . It was so peaceful and stress-free ! The phone rang , but I didn't answer . Let the answering machine pick up .

After supper , we watched a movie and I got to actually crochet a baby blanket from start to finish . Haven't done that in a long time . Just thought of something hilarious ! I'm sitting here crocheting in my rocker ! Like a real old lady !

Hmm , a breeze came through the open window  . It's been a real beautiful day . I feel like writing for a bit . . . .

Have a Blessed day everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...