Thursday, April 4, 2013

Who Are You ?

Recently , I've read an article on discovering who we are just by what types of things we pin on our Pinterest Board . Imagine that ! Over the years , I've read similiar articles using other things such as " colors we like " or " foods we eat " that determine what we are all about .

It seems we spend alot of time and energy in trying to find out who we really are on the inside . I think you can pick up any magazine and find an article based on self - exploration whether spiritual or mental .

Who am I ? I know I have changed many times during my lifetime . I have been many things to many people . I've adapted to the situations and surroundings at any particular time , but none have been as meaningful as these past six years .

In my younger years , I have never thought possible to find such a satisfying and fulfilling purpose in life . I've always felt that my role was to be a wife and mother and when that role was done . . . . then my life could be filled with hobbies and grandchildren .

What changed all that ? My relationship with Jesus . I've always believed in God . I've always had plenty of faith , but I've never had an intimate relationship with Him . It took this forsaken cancer to invade my body for me to wake up to what's really important .

So who am I ? When I die , my children will stand up in front of family and friends and tell of my life . They can list all the things I have done and places I've been to . The things I've said and hobbies I've shared . They can recite my life history from birth to my last breath . They can post beautiful and flattering pictures of my life .

Yet , none of that will matter .

Who am I ? I am the daughter of a King . I am the follower of Jesus Christ . I am a woman , a fellow sister in Christ trying to live a righteous life .

Who are you ?

Have a Blessed day Everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...