Saturday, April 13, 2013

Hello Joyce

For a very long time , I have wanted to venture out of my spiritual comfort zone . Spending the last six years in home groups , reading materials on my own , I've a desire to do more . I want to learn and develop my spiritual relationship with Christ as much as I can .

At the start of this year , I've made a mental promise to myself to get out into the world and do workshops , lectures , conferences and retreats whenever possible . . . . anything that will challenge me .

When I found out that Joyce Meyer's was coming to Milwaukee , Wisconsin I knew an opportunity presented itself . I also knew whom to ask to join me . My niece Kathy is a person who loves an adventure and has an open heart to try something new or different .
Of course , we were going together .

The conference started at 10 a.m. which meant we had to leave like 7 in the morning . Since I work all night , it meant there would be no sleep until late afternoon . Actually , I slept only 2 1/2 hours before going back to work that night .

None of that mattered . I had a great time ! Joyce Meyer's is everything she appears to be and then some . I would gladly see her again . All that aside , the fact that I was able to act on a personal goal meant everything to me . I can't wait to see what is around the corner . Women of Faith Conference , maybe ?

Have a Blessed day everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...