Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Big Adventure Day 2


 As I re-read the stories from long ago , I find myself thinking how amateurish they seem . I feel like my writing has improved since then .




Hey everyone,
                I   slept very well last night . Couldn't believe that I didn't wake up in the middle of the night like I usually do . Last night , Anna made brownie sundaes and we all settled down on the couch to watch a movie .The kids were so excited for me to watch this movie with them . All I know folks is that Matthew Connaughy was in it with that Alias girl . The next thing I know it was morning .

I know , I know . How can I behave like this at someone's house ?At least , I finished my sundae and then fell asleep .Why waste food .

There is so much to see here .There is a Cowgirl Museum , another Wax Museum , a Water Park , Great America Six Flags etc . I wanted to go to the Zoo . It's been years and years since I last went to the zoo .

By the time this family got up and dressed it was like 1p.m . But it wasn't the kids fault , it was mama bear that caused so much delay . Anna , is Miss Accessorize !!!!!! This woman looks good all the time from the top of her head to her toes . Everything matches-even her underwear ! Anna looks like she just jumped out of the magazine pages of ELLE .

There is nothing but expressways here and it's a different kind of weather .Today was in the 90's but yet it was a different 90's than what we are accustomed to .The hottest time of the day is around 3p.m. until 5p.m. or so .Then it gets real windy and I mean windy . Forget about your hairdo then . Mom would not like this part . She has a thing about her hair .

First thing you see when you get to the zoo is this huge giraffe . It's really cool . One thing I noticed right away about this zoo is that it had alot of greenery. Almost like a nature exhibit with all kinds of flowers and shrubs .These shrubs had a real tough rubbery- like leaves . Almost felt like plastic and then it dawned on me that they have to because of the rough heat . Palm trees everywhere . Never thought palm trees were in Texas .

There was a Cat In The Hat exhibit in the childrens zoo where you could take a picture with the cat . Of course , Anna was the first one in line . I told her its for the children Anna - the children . There were camel rides , a merry-go-round and you could take a picture holding a snake .That's what I did !!!!! I wanted a camel ride but it cost like 5 dollars a person and there were 5 of us .You pay to park ,you pay to get in and then you pay to eat . It can all add up . They did have this cup you could buy and then get free refills forever no matter when you came back .

You should have seen Anna ! She was like a little kid in the zoo . She filmed all the animals moving around up close and plans to put it on facebook . She also plans to post all the pics of us .Why do pics add on extra weight ? I know I don't look this heavy in person . I only have two chins!

Right after that  , we went shopping to a couple stores .We were only getting one thing , but came out with a shopping cart . I don't know what happened . Another thing I noticed is that they have every store here and restaurants too . No different than Chicago . I find that very strange because when I go by Joey and even to Springfield I don't find the same stores there .

When we got home it was like 8:30p.m. and they still had laundry to do . The complex comes with a laundry room for everyone to use . I find that is neat and noticed that even by Joey all the apartments come with one except in Chicago  AND all apartments come with your own parking ! Even by Joe , wherever he has lived , he has had his own spot . I like that .

While they were doing laundry I partook of a bubble bath .That's right and I'm not feeling guilty . When they got back the kids cleaned the house while we sat around and Anna did her nails .That is her new hobby-----manicures . She is an artist when it comes to nail work .You should see her nails .She doesn't just put polish on them , she puts 3 different kinds of polish on them and then she paints a design too . I asked her when she has time to do her housework and stuff .You know what she said ? That's what kids are for .Well , I just shut up then .

Have a Blessed day everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...