Saturday, April 20, 2013

I've Got A Feeling

Well , this concludes my week off from writing . I hope you enjoyed going back in time with me . Here's the final story of my vacay .. . .



I've got a feeling......oooooooh , ooooooh .

That's right . There's something happening . I'm on the verge of something big . Only HE knows what that is . You're all probably wondering what the heck is she talking about ?!

You see , this past month hasn't been good at all . Many things have happened --- alot of it not pleasant . Just when things couldn't get any worse I had the rug pulled from under me . Didn't see it coming . It always hurts the most when you don't see it . Shock . Disbelief . Hurt . Anger and stupidity . Yes , stupidity . Why didn't I see it ?

I literally fell to my knees and prayed . Made me think of the Book of Job . You see I didn't just pray but howled as I prayed just like JOB . I prayed out loud in my car while I was driving . People must have thought I was CRAZY !!!!!

A friend once asked me if I ever went to a sanatorium for a rest --  to think . I thought he was nuts . Why would I want to go there ? I'm not looney . But he was right . I spent the last two weeks to myself . Cancelled what I could and sat by myself . Just thinking . Listening to music . Everyone wondering where I'm at .

I have spent the last three years wondering what it is that GOD wants me to do .You all have heard me say "Is God's plan the same as my plan".Well , I think God has been waiting too long for me to get up and get a move on with His plan for me .

All my life I have been scared to do things like driving on the expressway . So as I'm going through this difficult patch I kept asking myself why ? Why ? Why ? You know why ? Because I'm trying to run the show . If I want to truly know what HIS plan is for me than I need to surrender it all to him . I need to learn trust . I don't know how to trust .

My son gave up half his salary to do a job that he truly felt God wanted him to do . He lived by faith not by sight . He knew that God would take care of him and He has .This is where I'm at right now . I feel I'm on the edge to live by faith not by sight . To do this I have decided to take up a challenge for myself in the coming year.
Three years ago , I faced a challenge as I battled stage 3 ovarian cancer . Part of my healing involved making blankets for everyone in my family . I wanted to leave a part of me behind so they will always have something to remember me by.

This year , I want to make blankets for St.Jude Hospital's kids . I want to spend this year making as many as I can and a year from now donate them to the children . I want those kids to feel a bit of home when they're in the hospital . I know what that feels like . I spent 4 months total in and out of the hospital during a 6 month period .

What I need from you is two things .First , I need prayer for strength and endurance . Because it won't be easy .There will be obstacles . Whenever, we look inside of us we find things we don't like .

Secondly , I need yarn and plenty of it . I don't want money , just yarn . I know that somewhere in someone's basement , attic or even an aunt's house there is old unused yarn . Don't matter the color , texture , size or amount . I'll make it work .

If someone is interested in making a blanket --feel free . Just one thing-we're making it not buying a blanket .There is something very special knowing someone took the time to make something just for you .

I don't know how this is all going to work out . I don't even know if St.Jude will take it . When I made the blankets for my family I was able to make like eleven blankets from Thanksgiving to Christmas Day .

I've got a feeling its gonna be a good , good day .

This story was written before the slippers . At first , I wanted to make blankets , but then I realized how long it would take me to make hundreds . I did make a total 6 which I gave to my son to give away to a nursing home . Yes , these are the blankets you stored in his garage instead . Today , those blankets will go to the homeless .
HAve a Blessed day everyone .

1 comment:

  1. I love that they went to the homeless. Nobody needs them more than they do...

    ReplyDelete

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...