Monday, April 8, 2013

A New Project

God amazes me continuously not just with His Power , but just with who He is and what He does .

 Last Fall , my huge project ended and I was left feeling a little like an empty nester . That project overtook my life so much that when it was gone , I felt empty . I felt like I needed to be doing something else , but couldn't figure out what that " something "  was . I continued making more slippers , but somehow that didn't feel right . I tried making children's hats  and again , the same feeling persisted . Nothing felt right .

Now , looking back , I can see why He wanted me to wait . During these past months , I haven't been physically able to crochet . He knew that . He knew my hands would be crippled by the chemo . He was telling me to wait . Heal first and then we'll start something new .

It's so difficult to wait , isn't it ? We don't want to wait for an answer, we want it now . If we don't get one right away , we try to force the issue ourselves . Forcing the issue brings nothing but disaster . Remember Sarah ?

I think that a part of me was afraid of losing touch with my donators of yarn . If I didn't keep moving , then all the yarn suppliers would dry up and when I needed it the most , there wouldn't be any , right ? People would forget about my ministry work . Or maybe , I was afraid of not going back to it , but putting it aside for years to come .

I could come up with many reasons , but the truth is that the time wasn't right . As I move forward with the new treatment , my body starting to heal slowly , a new opportunity arose for a project . I can't share every detail , but I can say that I will be making blankets for the homeless and nursing homes .

I feel so excited about this project and hope I can make many blankets . As always , if there is any yarn out there laying around in an attic or basement , I will gladly take it . Prayers are also welcomed .
For now , Have a Blessed day everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...