Sunday, April 14, 2013

A Broken Mirror

I wrote this in 2011 . It has become one of my favorites so I hope you enjoy it , too.



It all started when I broke a mirror . It was in late September on a Saturday night as my mom and I were getting ready for a wedding . I completely shattered the entire full length mirror into kazillion pieces!! Not a million but kazillion pieces!!!!! Oh well , seven years....

Yet , I had the best time ever . I can't even remember when I enjoyed a wedding more .This wedding was something else . It was full of young people who danced and danced the whole night .The DJ didn't take a single break ! I felt like I was in a club .That's the way it should be . Life is for the living .

I looked around and saw us old folks just sitting and watching .Thats how life really is .The young are so full of expectation and wonder but most of all.....impatience for tomorrow to come .What are we?We're tired .We know what tomorrow will bring and it won't always be pretty .

In the same week , Emily had an opportunity to see Emeril Lagassi ....LIVE !!! How great is that . He was coming to Arlington Park and do a LIVE show and you could meet Top Chef finalists from different seasons . It was like a food festival where you could try different dishes and  wine too . It was FREEZING !!!!
But it was worth every goose pimple on her body .

Emeril prepared his famous Emeril salad ,roasted chicken , spiked tea [ I wonder what he spiked it with} and steak dog wrapped in bacon . It was so cold and no sun at all . Did I tell you it was outside ? Everytime Emeril yelled out STEAKDOG the sun would come out . It turned into a game with Emeril and the crowd screamed  STEAKDOG just so the sun could come out .

She came away from the experience with autographs of the top chefs and pictures of Emeril which we framed  .The funniest thing of all is that she goes to food festival loaded with food and what does she bring home ? A small apple.Thats my girl .
I told Emily not bad at all considering I broke the mirror into a kazillion pieces .Then she proceeded to grab another mirror,"Lets break this one ,too".

The thing is that I haven't been feeling like writing lately .This happened in late September and here I am writing about it now .Now you could say that its the broken mirror and seven years bad luck that kept me feeling down and not writing .That is not true because , you see , I believe in JESUS CHRIST not lady luck .

Have a Blessed day everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...