Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Meaningful Things

There are things in our life that have made profound difference whether they maybe a book , verse , song or movie . Sometimes , even a person . Here are some of these things that have helped me face the many storms that rage in our lives .

The God who sees me :
That line alone instills a sense of being watched by God . Anytime , there is a desire to fall to sin or do anything questionable , I always feel like God is watching all I do . A sense of guilt envelopes me almost immediately . Think of that verse  when doing something we shouldn't and see how quickly a person can recover to righteousness .

Be still and know that I am God :
I think this is my favorite and most inspiring verse of all . Many of times , it has comforted me when all else failed . Even now , I can see myself slumped over in total defeat , handing over all my troubles to the only one who can make them better .

I can only imagine :
This song by MercyMe moves me beyond words . I cannot listen to it nor sing it without sobbing . This isn't a favorite song of mine , but it certainly touches me emotionally like no other . It  asks how will we feel when we come face to face with God . If you haven't heard it before , I recommend you take a listen  to the lyrics .

90 minutes in heaven :
A book that was given to me while in hospital six years ago that started this journey of mine . This book has completely changed my life . I plan on re-reading this monumental book with the eyes of a veteran . Stay tuned for that because you all know I will write about it . If you have experienced an illness or are living in one now  . . . .read this right away .

A family tree :
Five years ago , I went on my first women's retreat from church . There was a woman speaker , I can't remember her name , but she drew her family tree . She wrote under each family member's name not their date of birth or death , but what their struggle in life was . Whether it was alcoholism , children out of wedlock , drugs , gambling , financial issues  or lack of education . The list could be endless . After she was done , you could see a pattern forming . A pattern that showed up generation after generation with the same struggles . I believe hers was financial and alcoholism . This was profound to me , because I ended up making a family tree of my own  to see what pattern existed  . It was a huge eye opener for me to see how there weren't any fathers in our family . This definitely had to change in my children's generation . I encourage all of you to make a family tree to see what reoccurring bad habits you can change .

There are many things such as the above that have helped change and comfort me to become the person I am now . What are these things in your life ? Have you shared them with others ? I encourage you to share with others the things that offer comfort or strength . Let's help each other to overcome .
Have a Blessed day everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...