Sunday, April 28, 2013

A Couple Of Firsts

Sport bras are made for young girls to wear . There are few things in life I can be sure of and that is one of them . For the last five months I had to wear one because of the rashes . Not very flattering for an older woman , such as I . This week I was able to finally wear a bra .

A real first after a long time .

Taking a warm shower after months of two minute freezing ones , was a luxury .  It felt good to feel the warm liquid rush over my body . I smiled to myself , knowing soon I would be able to take a hot bath .

A real first after a long time .

We learn to really appreciate small things when we no longer can have them . There are many of these firsts hidden away in a dusty corner waiting to be relived with the same gusto  as that first time . We go about our daily routine not experiencing nor feeling the simple living pleasures .

I , also forget these things when I'm in remission . As soon as the cancer comes back and I'm denied these simple pleasures , I miss and long for them . Why can't I always just simply enjoy them ?

In these last weeks of chemo , I'm longing for these moments . That great , first cup of morning coffee that hits the spot just right . To eat anything one desires . To sleep in any position without hurting . Yes , simple pleasures . . . . emjoying  them as if for the very first time .

Have a Blessed day everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...